DAY 10: Post 30 Facts About Yourself
I’m plugging right along with my writing challenge! I’m now 1/3 of the way done. I juuuuuuust might make it all the way this time. I tend to think in bullet-points, so today’s challenge was perfect : )
1. I was born in Wilmington, DE.
2. My entire life I’ve been a deeply sensitive person. It’s my greatest gift … and hardest struggle.
3. Once I was on the cover of the Delaware New Journal with my dog Bella for having a ridiculously large collection of polyester dresses. DuPont (a Delaware-based company) was celebrating the 50th anniversary of polyester … and I was the cover girl. (When they interviewed me and took the photo, I thought it would be for a Thursday afternoon local section of the paper. Turned out to be front page on Saturday, lol.)
4. One of my stupidest injuries was when I put the back of my ice skate blade entirely through my foot. I was frustrated trying to learn a jump, and I kept falling. I fell back with my legs in the air, and then threw my feet down. Aaaaand made quite a giant mess of things.
5. I love real, fresh, live, delicious FOOOOOOD.
6. But I used to love twinkles, diet soda, fast food, and all things processed.
7. My childhood dream was to become a hairdresser. I went through cosmetology training in my Vo-Tech High school where I learned cuts, colors, perms, and the fact that I actually DO NOT want to be a hair dresser.
8. My first job was in the pro shop at the Ice Arena. I sharpened skates, sold blade covers, and collected smelly sneakers in skate rental.
9. I’ve had the same best friend since I was 13.
10. I eat way too much chocolate. But it’s usually 90%, so that’s ok ; )
11. My strongest stroke when I was on the swim team was fly.
12. For a brief period of time, I had this crazy desire to swim the English Channel. I would train every other day and really thought I’d do it. I never did. And thankfully, that phase has (mostly) passed.
13. I have two brothers.
14. I took piano lessons for a bit when I was young. I hated being told how to play things, so I quit. When I was 16, I decided to start playing again … but this time I taught myself. To this day, the piano is one of my greatest escapes.
15. I love to wander in the woods.
16. Once, I was injured because my brother and I were playing with a wheel chair we’d trash picked (yeah.). We went to the top of a road in our neighborhood, I sat down, and he pushed and let the chair fly down the hill. I had to dump at the end before I reached a busy road because I couldn’t make it stop any other way. I was petrified and was screaming at the top of my lungs “help, help!” as the wheel chair zipped out of control. Our neighbor complained, and I got both hurt … and in trouble.
17. We fished every night in Maine when I was younger.
18. I’m petrified of bats.
19. My original job out of college was technical writing. That’s my degree, actually. But after a year, I switched to marketing writing because I found technical writing to be a ZZZ fest.
20. I fear I’m going to be one of those crazy people that has to be dragged on to a talk show before she’s willing to cut her hair.
21. I watch Little House on the Prairie and secretly wish I was married to Pa. (Although, let’s face it … I’m no Ma!)
22. I don’t have much feeling in my feet. It’s left-over nerve damage from a back injury. Therefore …
23. I trip a lot. Especially in the woods.
24. I desperately want to own a VW van so I can travel with my own hotel.
25. I look exactly like my Grandmother.
26. I lived in Montreal.
27. I love being an Auntie.
28. My favorite ice cream is (currently) GF DF cookie dough. It’s ridiculously good.
29. I’ve eaten six pints of ice cream this summer.
30. My best friend and I broke down on the 87 thruway on our way home from Montreal one year. The tow truck came and towed my green Jetta with us both still sitting in the front seat. Not safe. But a fun memory : )
p.s. Check out some fun instagram stories hacks I posted on Hudson Valley Parent’s blog.
……………………. Kate Callahan is an on-location photographer who LOVES to capture authentic memories for families. She’s available for weddings, senior photos, child photo sessions, and family photography. Kate works with clients throughout the Hudson Valley, NYC, Delaware (and the tri-state area), and beyond. She also writes motivational books for photographers. Find them at Dear Female Photographer.