I’m so excited to share Christy and Mike’s Hudson Valley wedding at Red Maple Vineyard! I knew I liked these two from the very first moment we facetimed : ) They pretty much had me at: “our dog is going to be in the ceremony.” Here’s what I loved SO much at this wedding:
- Christy and Mike said their own vows in a beautiful field overlooking stunning countryside … and they were so sweet. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the audience. Including mine. Thank you, auto focus.
- A dog of honor?? Yes. Yes. Yes! And he bolted down the aisle all on his own : )
- Red Maple Vineyard is a beautiful place. Really … just beautiful. I absolutely loved photographing Christy and Mike on the swing hanging from the 200-year-old tree. I actually got chills as I watched on from a distance when I went to get a pulled-back shot.
- Christy’s AMAZING flowers from Silver Petals Farm. The colors were spectacular and the wedding bouquet was wrapped in family heirlooms. It was just really beautiful and looked lovely against Christy’s dress.
- The reception was FUN and the guests really hit the dance floor. I absolutely love seeing a couple’s family and friends come together and just have a blast together. And I really loved that someone hopped up on a ledge and lead the whole dance floor in singing Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer!” That was kinda awesome! (Side note: At that point my very fabulous second shooter Royale turned to me and said … that woman is my spirit animal!!!!!!!!) And then things ended with s’mores … which is always a good way to end things.
Let’s get to a big preview of wedding photos! Here we go …
Christy and Mike, I’m so happy you chose me! Both Royale and I loved being there with you. On our way out, we both said … that was a GOOD wedding.
\\\ ALL THE DETAILS ///
Venue: Red Maple Vineyard
Flowers: Silver Petals Farm
Wedding Dress: A Little Something White
Grooms Tux: Menguin
Bridesmaids Dresses: Azazie
Hair: Cathy Hasagan and Amanda Giorgi
Guitarist for ceremony: Larry Nardi
Cake and Catering: Corner Stone Caterers
AWESOME Second shooter: Royale Armand
Kate Callahan is an on-location photographer who LOVES to capture authentic memories for families. She’s available for weddings, senior photos, child photo sessions, and family photography. Kate works with clients throughout the Hudson Valley, NYC, Delaware (and the tri-state area), and beyond. She also writes motivational books for photographers. Find them at Dear Female Photographer.