Kari and Adam were married at the University and Whist Club in Wilmington, DE a couple of weeks ago … and they had a picture-perfect fall day. I was so happy to be there with them because I’ve had the chance to work with Adam’s sister and niece for a long, long time now. I’ve been photographing the cutie-pie flower girl in this wedding since she was a tiny newborn and I loved getting to work with the whole family for this wedding.
For this wedding, I truly felt like I was photographing a princess : ) Adam, you married yourself a serious stunner!!!!!!!!
Here’s what I loved most about this wedding:
- Adam’s face when he saw Kari. His jaw literally dropped : ) (See the photos below ; )) That’s what a girl wants on her wedding day, right?!
- Grandparents and babies. Those are my wedding weaknesses. And Kari’s Poppop didn’t disappoint : ) He came in, saw her, stopped in his tracks, and said … “whoooooa.” I later saw him looking on his phone at the photos he’d shot during their ceremony, so I asked him if he got some good shots. “Watch out,” he said. “You’ve got some competition!” I’m not really sure if he was joking!
- Kari’s sister sang the song for the first dance and the father-daughter dance. She did such a great job and it was such a sweet way to celebrate family : )
- The trees that frame the ceremony site at the University and Whist Club are old and just lovely. They make the site so romantic and beautiful. It was truly a perfect day for a wedding under those trees.
- And lastly, I love that Adam was totally willing to give Kari some smooches, help adjust her veil for photos, and just be an all-around good sport about photos. Kari told me that it wasn’t going to be his thing, really … but he did it anyway …
for her : ) And that’s what love is all about.
Kari and Adam, thank you for choosing me to be there with you on your beautiful wedding day!!!!
///ALL THE DETAILS\\\
Venue: University and Whist Club
Photographer: Kate Callahan
Second Shooter: Jess Mazzarelli
Videographer: Revelations Video
Flowers: Flowers by Yukie
Wedding Dress: Martina Liana purchased at The Bridal Garden
Bridesmaid Dress: Hayley Paige purchased at Jennifer’s Bridal
Tuxedos: The Black Tux
Hair: Alchemy of Hair
Makeup: Alchemy of Hair
Kate Callahan is an on-location photographer who LOVES to capture authentic memories for families. She’s available for weddings, senior photos, child photo sessions, and family photography. Kate works with clients throughout the Hudson Valley, NYC, Delaware (and the tri-state area), and beyond. She also writes motivational books for photographers. Find them at Dear Female Photographer.