Oh, this wedding. It was SO beautiful! There was so much that I loved about the whole day … but here are a few of my absolute favorite memories from Katie and Frank’s Winterthur wedding in Delaware.
- The second I arrived at Katie’s parents’ house where all the girls were getting ready, I noticed all the beautiful family photos hanging throughout. It made me so happy to think that the memories that were being made that day … that I had the privilege to be there photographing!!! … would one day soon be added to that collection of photos! And I knew immediately that I was working with “picture people” : ) Which, of course, are my kind of people! (Check out the photo below of the grown-up sisters by their little-girl photos. Don’t cry, Mom and Dad!)
- It was EXTRA cold that day. Fall is usually chilly in Delaware … but it just so happened to be freeezing cold that day. So that made for some quick alterations to plans … but everyone just rolled with it. But here’s what I loved so much about the weather that day … RIGHT in time for our little private portrait session, the heavens literally opened up and gave us the most beautiful sky and light I’ve seen in a very long time. It was like a little bonus gift to Katie and Frank for keeping a good attitude about the unexpected chilly day.
- And speaking of our portrait session, I LOVED it so much! Katie told me later that it was one of their favorite parts of the day … just having a little time to themselves.
- There was also a tea ceremony that was a delight to photograph. It’s not lost on me what a privilege it is to get to be with people on a day that’s filled with so much meaning, emotion, and love. I loved hearing the advice and wise words that the families shared with Katie and Frank during the ceremony. I could see so clearly how proud both sets of parents are of their children.
- People had fun at the reception!!!!! They danced, laughed, and had a great time during the reception. Watching people laugh and enjoy themselves together never gets old to me.
I could ramble on and on … but instead, let’s get to the photos of this amazing Winterthur wedding!
Congratulations, Katie and Frank!!!! Your day was AMAZING! Thank you SO much for choosing me to document your memories!!! It means the world to me : )
And huge thanks to my second shooter, Jess! She grabbed those amazing shots of Katie and Frank walking in the field with the blue sky behind them. I’m in loooooove! Thanks, Jess!
Planner: Proud to Plan
Photographer: Kate Callahan Photography
Second Shooter: Jess Mazzarelli
Videographer: Martins Accent Wedding Video
Flowers: Honeybunches Floral Design
Hotel: Hotel DuPont
Hair: Gloss Salon
Makeup: Gloss Salon
Kate Callahan is an on-location photographer who LOVES to capture authentic memories for families. She’s available for weddings, senior photos, child photo sessions, and family photography. Kate works with clients throughout the Hudson Valley, NYC, Delaware (and the tri-state area), and beyond. She also writes motivational books for photographers. Find them at Dear Female Photographer.