All summer long, I was able to hold family photo sessions and newborn photo shoots outdoors, and this helped everyone to feel a bit more at ease. But now that the weather has turned colder here in New York, outside is definitely not an option for newborn photos! My families hire me because they want natural, and relaxed photos of their family at home with their newborn baby … and I think we can still make it happen this winter! Safety is always a priority for me when it comes to photographing newborns. In order to keep everyone as safe as possible from COVID, I’ll be adhering to the following guidelines this winter.
- I will remain masked at all times while indoors. No exceptions.
- Shoes, coat, and camera bag will be left at the door.
- Hands will be washed upon entering your home. I’ll bring gloves that can be worn if that makes you more comfortable.
- No outside props will be brought in or used during your newborn photo shoot. But that’s ok, because I usually love to feature your own blankets and toys anyway!
- I won’t be hugging or touching any of you (this one breaks my heart!! Especially when the little people go in for a hug because they just don’t understand! But better safe than sorry.)
- Your session will be rescheduled if I feel sick or under the weather in any way or if I find that I’ve been in contact with someone who tests positive.
And here’s what I’ll ask from your family.
- Please keep a mask on when you’re not having your photo taken.
- Please reschedule if any individual in your family feels unwell or if anyone has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID.
- A signed document stating we both understand the risks of being in each others’ presence at this time.
The newborn stage is so, so fleeting! And not only do I believe that newborn photos are so precious to have, but I also think the experience of getting to enjoy a newborn session in your home is something people shouldn’t have to do without right now. We’ll just work extra hard to make sure everyone stays safe!!!
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. We can go over any concerns you may have. Email me at email@example.com
Expecting and want to book your newborn photo shoot? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Callahan is a Hudson Valley wedding photographer and family photographer who LOVES to capture authentic memories for people. She’s available for weddings, senior photos, child photo sessions, and family photography. Kate works with clients throughout the Hudson Valley, NYC, Delaware (and the tri-state area), and beyond.